Supply chain resilience and the UKCA mark
20 May 10:00-11:00 BST
The introduction of UKCA marking at the start of 2021 has left some manufacturers, importers and distributors unsure as to how they will be able to continue with the same market access they currently enjoy.
Since the UK has left the European Union, the UKCA (UK Conformity Assessment) mark has been introduced to indicate conformance to a number of UK regulations primarily focused on protecting the public, but also covering topics like radio interference and energy efficiency.
This webinar aims to clarify some of the biggest questions of uncertainty for those within the construction sector around timelines, importers, distributors, challenges and opportunities.
Manufacturing companies are faced with the urgent requirement to make necessary changes, get the required UK approvals, and clear their supply chains of non-UKCA-marked product. The timelines of these have been set and BSI will take you through all the key definitions and dates, that you must be aware of to ensure you don’t lose market access.
Some UK entities that are currently classified as ‘distributors’ will be reclassified as ‘importers’ from 1 January 2021, and will need to ensure that they are aware of the additional obligations that this brings.
We are also delighted to be joined by the Construction Product Association to discuss some of the opinions, challenges and thoughts of their membership. They are represented by Chief Executive Peter Caplehorn. Peter is a Chartered Architect with more than 38 years of experience, but is particularly respected for his leadership across the wider construction industry in a number of key national roles.
From BSI you will hear from Alex Lubbock, Global Construction Practice Director, and Robert Hine, Head of Commercial Partnerships as we provide some clarity around these issues.
What we will cover:
- Overview of UKCA (Timeline, definitions, and the Northern Ireland issue)
- Key questions and challenges with your supply chain
- Importers vs Distributors
- Opportunities and challenges that UKCA may present
- Discussion with the Construction Product Association
- Questions and answer; please feel free to submit your own
Who should attend?
- If you are involved in the design and development process of your products, you’re probably already aware of any conformity assessment or compliance-related obligations that need to be met.
- If you manufacturer products within the construction sector or that fall under the Construction Product Regulations and place those products on the UK Market, and wish to continue doing so.
- Anyone who is currently considered a distributor, who may be reclassified as an importer, needs to be confident they know about their responsibilities.
- Join this BSI webinar to make sure you are taking the right steps to meet your legal obligations under this new regulatory landscape.