Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Time: 2 pm - 3 pm EST
Your Host: Vanessa Zamora
About this event
The most successful organizations recognize that a healthy workplace is a happy and productive one. Governments are starting to recognize that employers and managers have a leading role in preventing ill health and promoting good health. Individuals also recognize how important their health is; older workers need to stay fit and healthy to keep working and enjoy their later years; younger generations are more informed on health and they expect their employers to actively provide healthy workplaces, not ones that merely give them a paycheck.
The concept of “wellbeing” has now entered the lexicon of occupational health and safety. Wellbeing in the workplace has different meanings within and across organizations and countries. This may be influenced by complex cultural and societal beliefs, attitudes, constraints and regulatory and social systems.
Studies show that well-designed wellness programs have a return on investment of $1.50 to $3 per dollar spent over a two to nine year timeframe. Thriving and healthy workforces typically perform 2.2 times above average compared with organizations who do not invest in their employees’ health and wellbeing.
This webinar will look at how organizations can create a culture of health and well-being in the workplace.
What you will learn:
- Why the emphasis on health and safety in the workplace now?
- What is wellbeing? Looking at different concepts of what constitutes physical, mental, and social wellbeing. Why workplace wellbeing is not occupational health and safety and how to understand the differences
- “Maslow’s hierarchy of needs” and how you can fit it into your workplace
- How to build the approach of people-centered prevention in your organization
- Occupational health, workplace wellbeing, and ISO 45001. How the new ISO standard supports creation and sustainment of wellbeing in the workplace
Kate Field - Global Product/Program Champion H&S&E, BSI Group
Sally Pawsat - Principal Consultant - Professional Services, BSI Group